[image: uncooked tomato, herbs, onion, and pasta in a pot of water.]
Black Olive Bruschetta With Cashew Cream.
Looks absolutely delicious.
- 1 cup raw cashews (must not be roasted or salted)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small lemon, juice of
Method:1. Cover cashews with water and soak for a few hours, or overnight.
2. Pour off all water, and place nuts in food processor.
3. Add 1/4 cup cold water, salt, vinegar and lemon juice.
4. Puree for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy in consistency.
5. Use in any recipe that calls for sour cream.
6. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
[image: a small clear jar filled with creamy dressing flecked with cilantro. It has a gold lid.]
Really impressed with this: a creamy cilantro dressing that’s both raw & vegan. Made with sunflower seeds! Seems to be good with all manners of veg, lentils & grains, hot or cold. Recipe on 101 cookbooks: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/roasted-pumpk by monica.shaw on Flickr.