- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup dry soy milk powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. In a blender, combine the soy milk, soy powder, cornstarch, molasses, and vanilla.
2. Blend the ingredients for 2 minutes.
3. With the machine running, slowly add the oil and lemon juice, until both are fully incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and for up to 1 month.
IMPORTANT: If it’s true frosting you want, be sure to factor in the full 8 hours for it to chill and set.
This recipe was adapted from the Vanilla Frosting/Vanilla Sauce recipe that is in the Babycakes book.
- 2 years ago