[image: a light yellow slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream on top.]
Vegan Frozen Mango Cream Pie
Click Through For Recipe
[image: a light pink shake in a tall clear glass topped with whipped cream and cracker crumbs.]
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Vegan Milkshake. WOAAAAH.
- 1 cup strawberry rhubarb compote
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs (check label to ensure it is vegan)
- agave nectar, sweeten to taste (optional)
- ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender; pulse until smooth. Top with soy or dairy based whip cream and sprinkle with additional graham crackers. Serves 2-3. Too easy!
[image: a pie with a lattice top and filled with a dark red filling.]
2 Tbsp vegan buttery spread, softened
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup sugar, organic *
1 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot powder (the more natural version of corn starch)
2 Tbsp lime juice + pinch of zest
3 cups fresh blackberries
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 pie crust – vegan pie crust recipe on Healthy. Happy. Life.
spelt flour crust was used in the photos
*Tip: for vegan dessert recipes use organic sugar – find out why in this quick tip video on Healthy Happy Life
*prepare your crust according to recipe, link above – or pull a pre-made crust.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add all the filling ingredients to a large bowl. Toss well. Allow to sit for a few minutes while you work on your crust.
3. Roll out dough – use two separate balls of pre-made crusts for a lattice design.
4. Pour filling into bottom layer crust.
5. Roll out second ball and slice into thin strips – you can do this using a pre-made crust as well.
6. Apple top layer crust strips in a lattice design.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn heat down to 350 and bake for another 20-30 minutes. If the crust starts to burn, ass foil to the edges.
Allow at least 3 hours for pie to cool before serving. Store in the fridge.
So I’ve actually made this before for school. Not only did I love it, but everyone in all of my classes did, even super anti-anything vegan people. It’s awesome.
If you have a really old blender (like me), you might want to kind of mash everything up with a fork before you blend it. The tofu can be kind of hard on the blender.
- 1/2 pound firm or extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1 pre-made pie crust
Preparation:Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy, adding more soy milk if needed.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.