[image: a pie with a lattice top and filled with a dark red filling.]
2 Tbsp vegan buttery spread, softened
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup sugar, organic *
1 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot powder (the more natural version of corn starch)
2 Tbsp lime juice + pinch of zest
3 cups fresh blackberries
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 pie crust – vegan pie crust recipe on Healthy. Happy. Life.
spelt flour crust was used in the photos
*Tip: for vegan dessert recipes use organic sugar – find out why in this quick tip video on Healthy Happy Life
*prepare your crust according to recipe, link above – or pull a pre-made crust.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add all the filling ingredients to a large bowl. Toss well. Allow to sit for a few minutes while you work on your crust.
3. Roll out dough – use two separate balls of pre-made crusts for a lattice design.
4. Pour filling into bottom layer crust.
5. Roll out second ball and slice into thin strips – you can do this using a pre-made crust as well.
6. Apple top layer crust strips in a lattice design.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn heat down to 350 and bake for another 20-30 minutes. If the crust starts to burn, ass foil to the edges.
Allow at least 3 hours for pie to cool before serving. Store in the fridge.
- healthysucks likes this
- ten-u-ous-ness likes this
- thecheesestick likes this
- musiciansduetbetter reblogged this from anneleephoto and added:
- meaghanherself reblogged this from chubbyvegans
- realmofspirits likes this
- the-vegetable-monster reblogged this from veganrecipeinspiration
- epiphanyandpiss likes this
- yifanluo likes this
- randyjustice likes this
- bakingblue reblogged this from cloacasexual
- cloacasexual reblogged this from veganrecipeinspiration
- vegenista likes this
- pancake-sexual likes this
- justamameporfavor likes this
- jhannahbanana likes this
- lovingyourlifeintherain likes this
- anneleephoto reblogged this from veganrecipeinspiration
- glasscoffin likes this
- inconvenient reblogged this from chubbyvegans and added:
- chubbyvegans reblogged this from veganrecipeinspiration and added:
- shinymechanic likes this
- mercuryglass likes this
- captain-kale likes this
- veganrecipeinspiration posted this